Thursday, July 31, 2014

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of life...


As I walked, I saw the valley of the shadow of death_
Darkened and eerie with a mist to choke your breath.

My heart sunk_. I knew not what to do,
I froze on the ground neither taking a step nor two.
Fear,...
I could hear the fear that was here_a warning not to go near...
But I had to!
The valley was deep;the valley was dark.

As I approached the valley of the shadow of death, my heart was racing.
Every nerve in my being was suddenly pulsing.
The stench of death my nostrils invading.

Within me, weakness, pain and sorrow...
This walk of life was now becoming too hard to follow.

The gates of Hades were now before me,
The valley of dry bones was all I could see...
The valley was deep;the valley was dark.

As I walked through the valley of the shadow of death; I feared evil...
Tall bony trees surrounded me;
Thorns, weeds, all of them wanted to devour me.
My breath came out in a lethargic vapor,
Tired sighs from a body that pain it can no longer savour.

I hear voices all around!
People laughing in a crowd
Like a heavy blanket,the mist weighs on me, like a cloud-
My spirit crushed; crushed beyond a sound...

I fall to my bended knees
The brimstone ground burns my hands like bees
My back aches
My skin bakes

I stumble upon a skull; the look on its face dull...
''You'll never make it;Your grave is your mark''
The valley is deep;the valley is dark.

As I crawled the valley of the shadow of death; I was in despair
My mind confused; bemused and my heart just didn't care.
Death was in the air
I couldn't go on, so I lay there
My body a pile of bones,dead, buried deep in mire!

The valley was deep;the valley was dark...
And in that pitch void,
           I saw a spark...

I saw a light; I saw a hand
I saw a face; I saw the Sun_ rising in the horizon and beyond the hill.
The Son of Man rose on high,and said ''Be still...''

As I walked from the valley of the shadow of death_ I look back, and smile!
The valley was deep;the valley was dark.. But God took me through that mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment